Passive building is a set of design principles for attaining a rigorous level of energy efficiency while also creating comfortable indoor living spaces.
Passive house designed buildings follow 5 building-science principles:
1. Continuous insulation throughout the entire envelope without thermal bridging
2. Airtightness to prevent infiltration of outside air and loss of conditioned air
3. High-performance windows and doors.
4. Balanced heat and moisture-recovery ventilation
5. Minimal space conditioning
At A9 Green, we will advise you throughout the construction process and will work to certify your Passive House building. Our Passive House Verifiers and Certifiers can ensure that your project reaches your desired energy efficiency standards.
Want to know more about Passive House?